Update on little Esther

Hello everyone,

I am having a great time with my family and trying to get as much as possible out of this few days.
I have limited internet access so, I probably won´t be able to get on full blogger mode until after I arrive in the States on the 29th of December.

I did wanted to post this last update on little Esther Elliot. The doctors told them that because of the rare cancer and how extended it was, there was really not an option for a cure. They recommended 14 sessions of chemoteraphy, but still with that, they only gave her not longer than a year. The parents needed to take a decission over the weekend. This update is the latest we received today. Please pray for them. May God be glorified in all this.

Dear Friends,
We so much appreciate your prayers, thoughts, cards, concern… This past week has been very difficult for Lydia and I. On Monday, we met with the doctors and told them that we had decided not to do chemotherapy. It was a rough meeting with the doctors strongly pressing their case for chemotherapy. However, they have accepted our decision and Esther comes home today (12.23.09). We will do a small amount of traveling to visit relatives over the next month or so and then be in Springfield, MO until Esther goes home. The doctors have given 2 – 6 months, but no one really knows for sure. Once we are done with the traveling (we want to visit family in Mississippi, Kentucky, and Indiana), we will have pediatric hospice involved. Our doctor in Bolivar and hospice will oversea Esther’s care.
We appreciate your prayers as we go through this difficult time.
For Souls,
Daniel Elliott
Your Missionaries to Mongolia


mimi said...

Oh Pilar....this makes me so sad. It really puts things into perspective doesn't it.

I will keep them in my prayers.

Nina in Portugal said...

Pilar, I hope you guys made it safely back to the States.

Write when you can,