1/28/2009

Here and there

Hello everyone again,
I was waiting to download my photos from my phone (I forgot my camera when I went to Madrid) to write a bit about my short trip to Madrid, but I have no idea how to do that (new phone), so whenever I figure it out I will post them, and until then I will let you know how it went.
So, it went very well... :) that was short hehe. Olga and I left Friday morning to Madrid in the bus, long trip and although the bus wasn't bad, who can find a bus comfortable ?? :). Anyhow, we got there with time to show Olga around Madrid since it was her first time there. I sure love that city :), after all it is my home city. Of course, I found Starbucks close to Plaza Mayor and got me the bigger Coffee Frappuccino there was..... sooooo goooooddddd. I was hoping to get one more before we left but.... didn't happend. :(
The meeting started at 9am on Saturday. I was able to see a lot of people that I haven't been able to see for a long time and that was a special blessing. We had over 130 ladies there, all of them from different churches in Madrid. Also a reminded to me that with time, churches grow :).
They also had a lady from a Christian store in Madrid so I purchased three books.
We had to leave early though so we could catch the bus back to Madrid. I was so tired when I got home I went right to bed.

On Sunday we had a good service with Olga and Lauren. I pray soon God will increase the number of people coming to church. It is hard at times but I need to remember that it is not m work but His and it is Him that gives the increase.

Let me tell you a story that happend to me on Tuesday. First thing in the morning I got a call from our bank, our gas bill had come (for the heat in the house) and the amount was 530 euros (about 700$). I don't have to tell you I felt a heart attack coming.. :) I haven't been receiving our gas bill before hand so I wasn't aware of the amount. Of course I figure there must be a mistake, either that or we were the nice neighbours paying for the whole neigbourhood's bills.... but it was our first real gas bill since we move here and I wanted to be prepared. I called the gas company and talk to the lady. She asked me to go outside and told her the count of the gas. Praise the Lord, there WAS a mistake. Our real bill was under 100 euros (for two months). The lady told me that they must read the count wrong... you would think so...... I think I am going to camp in my window and wait for the "gas man" with glasses on hand.

2 comments:

Beth White said...

oh wow 700 dollars for the gas how scary i probably would have really had a heart attack. so glad that wasn't the case!

Unknown said...

Hey, that´s great that the meter was read wrong.. or better said that´s great that you all realized that the meter was read wrong. Praise the Lord! I don´t want to see our bill. I think that´s a great price for winter heating a town home. So glad you had a good time in Madrid and got Starbucks!jeje