8/01/2008

Our last Sunday in Gijon

This morning during my devotionals God has given me a Bible verse. Isaiah 12:5 "Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth." God has done excellent things in Gijon and I would like to share some with you.

This photo was taken on Sunday morning in Gijon. It was our last Sunday there and it was such a blessing. We were missing about 5 regulars although we had 2 visitors. It is such a blessing to look at that photo and see how God has been working in the church in Gijon. On our first Sunday, we took a photo and there were the Contreras (the pastor's family) and other 3 people (2 of them are also in this photo and the other one was at work but continues to come). God is doing such a work there and we have been able to see His hand on work speacially in the last 3 months or so. We know that He has such started there and that soon, the church will have so many more people serving Him. To God be the glory great things He has done.
My two girl-friends. Agustina and Daniela.
This is Agustina on my left and Maria Elena on my right. They are both so special to me. Agustina and her husband have been a blessing while the Contreras were gone coming faithfuly to every service and helping in so many different ways. I have learn a lot from her since she has been in the ministry for so many years. Maria Elena just got saved, and God allowed me the priviledge to lead her to Him. God is so good to give me so many blessings. Bro. Cris stopped coming to church in January. He was one of the three people that were in the church in our first Sunday in Gijon over a year ago now. We have been praying for him and it was a blessing to see him there. We will be praying that he will keep coming. It is such a blessing to see how God can put two ladies together and use them as one for His honor and His glory. I will miss you while witnessing Daniela :)!
Last Sunday was our last one in Gijon. We got here in Spain May 2007 and we went right to Gijon, now almost a year and a half later I can't believe time has gone so fast.
It really has been a great time. I have learned a lot about myself and about the ministry and I praise God for allowing me to be there helping the church. He is so good to allow us to work for Him.
I am going to miss everyone, but I know God has His time and now He has something different for us.
We will miss you Centro Biblico Bautista de Gijon.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Te has tenido o cortado el pelo? Sea lo que sea..."pus potito"!!! jeje

Pilar said...

Las dos cosas :) jejeje