11/29/2008

Lesson 6: Living with hands of surrender

¨Life with hands of surrender¨ happens when we let go our hands from people and things saying ¨God, everything belongs to you. Give me whatever you want and take whatever you want¨.
When God asks us to give us something we are not willing to give Him, the position of our hands are close and towards ourselves
Surrendering happens when we are willing to give God whatever He wants from us accept Him what that decision may bring us. Of course, it is something hard to do because we don´t know what it is coming. One more time we need to trust in God´s love for us.
Joh 12:24-26 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.

When it talks about dying of ourselves, we are talking about putting aside our desires, our goals. The God can fully use us.
Joh 15:4.5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
We need to follow God´s will in our lives.
Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me
God wants us to give ourselves to Him.
To be saved doesn’t cost us anything. It is a free gift. But there is a price involved to become His disciple. It is too easy for a Christian to center their eyes in their own dreams, their own goals, and lose track of God’s plans for us. Live a life with hands of surrender means to give up everything and trust completely in God. Are we going to do it willingly or is God going to have to open them for us?.
Betty Stam´s prayer was ¨Lord, I give you all my plans and purposes, all my desires and hopes, and I accept your will for my life. I give you my life, my all, to be yours forever. Fill me and seal me with your Holy Spirit. Use me however you want, send me wherever you want, be thou will in my life, whatever it takes, now and forever.¨
Psa 16:11 Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

Hi There ~ Cathryn in Kentucky. How wonderful that you all have answered the call to be missionaries in Spain. Your family is absolutely beautiful. I really appreciate this post about giving everything we have to the Lord - letting Him lead us to do whatever task it is He wants us to do. I have failed in this area over the years. It is funny how when you get older you become some much more cautious ~ the desire is so much greater to do things right ~ God's way ~ not my way. I'm 50 years old ~ for all practical purposes my life is half or over half over. I've lost much time. I want to do what HE wants me to do. The post is great. So nice to meet you. Lord Bless ~ Cathryn